PDA

View Full Version : ZooomPC - Computer Parts Dropshipping

ZooomPC
22 May 2011, 08:12 PM
Hi,

I've been working on new dropshipping site offering dropshipping of Computer components for a while now, with over 4000 products available. The site is due for a full launch in 3 weeks, but prior to this im opening up the doors for those who may be interested in prices without a a fee.

Once the site is fully launched a one off subscription fee of £10 per year will be applicable.

What do we offer?
ZooomPC offers a dropshipping service for computer components from CPUs, Hard Drives to Monitors and Printers. We understand what is required by a drop shipper from previous experience building up a business using a dropshipper. We aim to not only give you a fair price for products but to also offer good customer satisfaction as well.

Why is there a subscription fee?
We don’t add a lot to our products to help you thrive, so we ask for a small admin fee to help us in return. There are not catches or obligations to continue a subscription at any time.

Come and view our site, with approved accounts within 24hrs of signing up. During this time you can view our prices without a fee whilst we make the final site touches.

Visit us today at www.trade.zooompc.com

DropshipForum
23 May 2011, 11:19 AM
Welcome to Dropship Forum :)

Your fee is reasonable, however is it really worth alienating thousands of resellers by asking for a joining fee? Can resellers view your prices before joining? Is your business registered as a Ltd company in the UK?

ZooomPC
23 May 2011, 04:00 PM
Thank you for the welcome

Yes and yes. Viewing is open for 3 weeks free of charge before it's fully live, thereafter only a 24hr free period. The company is fully registered as a uk LTD company (05502625 AbsoluteBoats LTD) long story about the name :) Happy to tell a bit more if people so wish, Zooompc is a trading name. We are also registered partners of seagate, nvidia, AMD and Intel.

DropshipForum
23 May 2011, 08:58 PM
It does sound promising :)

It is good that once your service will be fully live you will still offer a 24 hour free access period, but why the £10 charge thereafter?

Wouldn't you be better off qualifying resellers using other methods, for example by asking them to provide an introduction to their business, what their expectations are, where they are planning to resell your stock, a guarantee not to sell below a given % of your wholesale prices, and so on?

ZooomPC
24 May 2011, 07:38 PM
Many models have been laid out when deciding how to progress the business to a live state and how to will evolve for the future. A subscription fee was the best option for the business as a starting point, once a customer base has been built I hope that the need for this subscription fee can be dropped and those who have paid the fee may even get something back in return. There are many things both the consumer and the business to think about when getting started, which is one reason we are only charging £10 a year over some other dropshippers expensive monthly charges that can be double our fee.

TFU
25 May 2011, 04:30 PM
Hi ZoomPC. I may be interested in using you but your site link doesn't work...404 error.

ZooomPC
25 May 2011, 04:36 PM
Hi TFU it appears to not be working if clicked on the forum. The website is up so copy and paste the link into your web browser this will get you there

TFU
25 May 2011, 04:39 PM
Ahh yes...also my bad as I assumed that zoom only had 2 'o's. Schoolboy error on my side.

Thanks!

ZooomPC
25 May 2011, 05:58 PM
TFU your account is now active

TFU
25 May 2011, 06:03 PM
Cheers!

5char

DropshipForum
26 May 2011, 11:29 PM
Many models have been laid out when deciding how to progress the business to a live state and how to will evolve for the future. A subscription fee was the best option for the business as a starting point, once a customer base has been built I hope that the need for this subscription fee can be dropped and those who have paid the fee may even get something back in return. There are many things both the consumer and the business to think about when getting started, which is one reason we are only charging £10 a year over some other dropshippers expensive monthly charges that can be double our fee.

Link fixed :)

As long as resellers can consult your pricing upfront, and see an up to date price list before having to pay, we don't see anything wrong with your decision to charge a maintenance fee.

darkmarauder
01 Jul 2011, 12:50 PM
Zooompc,

Tell us more about yourself, business info and anything else you want.
Like why are you using a default free Zen Cart theme for your trade site ;-) Only joking.

I'm a current customer of PCDS btw.

ZooomPC
05 Jul 2011, 07:57 AM
Zooompc,

Tell us more about yourself, business info and anything else you want.
Like why are you using a default free Zen Cart theme for your trade site ;-) Only joking.

I'm a current customer of PCDS btw.

Certainly!

Name: Chris or Christopher (either is fine with me)

Graduated from university in 2004 after studying BSc E-Commerce Technologies. Started my own boat company (thus the company name AbsoluteBoats LTD) in 2005 selling new and used boats. Unfortunately the bottom fell out the boat Market when the recession hit so I took this opportunity to move into another passion of mine. I'm personally an avid gamer and can regularly be found at multiplay events

During this time started working the worlds biggest fast food chain supporting their PCs. I used this time to work on Zooompc with the help and advice from PCDs (despite what some think Mark is a good guy)

As the business grew I used this opportunity to branch out and grow the business further to the point we are in today. Our overall goal as a company is to grow within the PC wholesale and distribution Market

Yes my template is free, but it works :)

Anything else you may wish to know then please say

motion
04 Jun 2012, 10:43 PM
But your website is down for construction! Do you know when it will be done and also do you have a product list and prices.

Thanks a ton