PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to get dropshipped orders from China?

DealFinder56
03 Jun 2011, 04:40 AM
I am considering dropshipping from China, as I have found three reliable suppliers there. However, I do not know if it will be a worthwhile investment if the shipping time takes too long. Does anyone know how long it takes dropshipped orders from China to reach the UK?

LadyInRed
03 Jun 2011, 05:11 AM
Many Chinese dropshippers will have disclaimers on their websites about shipping time. The average time for dropshipping from China is about ten days, give or take. It all depends on the items you ordered, the size of the order and where you are shipping to.

Before committing to dropshipping with a company, I suggest you order a sample of whatever item you are going to be dropshipping. You will then be able to get the best estimate of the time it will take to dropship those items from China.

DealFinder56
03 Jun 2011, 05:22 AM
There are other things that can hold up a dropshipped order. I have had orders take twice as long to get to customers because of customs.

LadyInRed
03 Jun 2011, 05:40 AM
Depending on what items are in the order and what the size of the order is, there could be delays and added taxes at customs. You should always be up front with your customers about the possibility of their orders being held up at customs and that process prolonging the shipment time. Customers will respect you for your honesty.

MoonAlice
03 Jun 2011, 06:15 AM
Some customers do not mind waiting 10-14 days for orders if they are getting something they really need at a good price.

LadyInRed
03 Jun 2011, 06:37 AM
If the Chinese dropshipper you are using offers high-demand products at a great price, then some customers will not mind the wait. Fourteen days is usually the longest a person has to wait for goods from China to arrive in the UK; seven days is usually the quickest an order will ship.

If your business is one that is focused on quick shipping, say a 3-5 day shipping period, then dropshipping from China is not the way to go.

DealFinder56
03 Jun 2011, 06:45 AM
What items in particular would be stopped by customs for a longer period of time?

LadyInRed
03 Jun 2011, 07:21 AM
A lot of counterfeit goods are made in China. Anything that claims to be designer made coming from China will most likely be held by UK customs until it can be verified that those goods are genuine.

If you are found to be importing counterfeit products, you will be held responsible, not your supplier in China. In the UK, importing counterfeit goods is considered fraud and sometimes burglary for heavier cases.

Importexportbusiness
13 Sep 2012, 05:22 AM
I am considering dropshipping from China, as I have found three reliable suppliers there. However, I do not know if it will be a worthwhile investment if the shipping time takes too long. Does anyone know how long it takes dropshipped orders from China to reach the UK?

Hi,

Largely depends on what carrier they use. Are they using a western carrier like dhl or FedEx? Would be a lot faster. If they are using the national carrier it may take a bit longer.

The best thing to do is to place "test" orders from customers.. Which are from you and to test the lead time of the dropship company.

Also should you decide on choosing them and working with them in the future you should every month place a random order through them to ensure they are keeping the orders coming fast and not getting lazy.

Hope this helps

Alex C Ryan
Managing Director
Import Export Exposed
www.startimportingnow.com.au