PDA

View Full Version : FragranceX.com – Anybody got any experience with them?

Kittenn00b
05 Mar 2011, 09:17 AM
Anybody had much experience with FragranceX.com (http://www.fragrancex.com/)? I want to potentially wholesale through them, and haven’t been able to find many conclusive reviews. Help?!

emaill337
05 Mar 2011, 09:31 AM
I’ve done a bit of drop shipping through FragranceX, and didn’t have any problems with them. Delivery was a bit overlong, but nothing really to complain about. Product was as promised. Of course, nothing all that spectacular, either. I’d rate them pretty close to middle-of-the-road.

Windowslite
05 Mar 2011, 09:37 AM
Yeah, don’t get me started on FragranceX! They apparently think “free shipping” means that they take your money, ship you whatever’s to hand, and never care if the product arrives. I placed an order months ago, and still have not received anything. I’ve called back several times, and they just tell me to wait, it supposedly is in the mail. They also told me that they will not refund my money until they receive the item back. Last time I called, they said it was in customs. I LIVE IN OREGON! Totally ridiculous excuse for customer service. Stay away.

emaill337
05 Mar 2011, 09:58 AM
Wow, I kinda want to go hide on the bed after that post, Windowslite. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I’d contact whoever it was should be the courier in this. FragranceX should be a bit more understanding, I agree. I am sure this is just a mistake/misunderstanding at some level. I’ve never had complaints anywhere near this with FragranceX.

O_OWHISPER
05 Mar 2011, 10:09 AM
Yeah, never had any issues with FragranceX. Delivery is nothing spectacular, but prices are awesome, and customer service is really quite good. I’m really shocked at Windowslite’s post. Really doesn’t sound like the same company?

MICROmud
05 Mar 2011, 10:15 AM
I went through FragranceX.com for several years, and did pretty well with them, never really had any problems. I’ve had slower delivery. That changed last year, when I had a spate of crushed packaging, broken bottles, and order mistakes. Not sure what was going on with them at that time, but I finally just cut ties. If I hear that they’ve gotten things back under control, I will plan to head back for sure.

webrobot
05 Mar 2011, 10:31 AM
Got one order from FrangranceX, and the bottle looked very cheap-- label was sort of oil-stained. Looked like it’d been sitting on a shelf for a long time. I’d avoid them if I were you.

Andrewdennis
05 Mar 2011, 10:46 AM
I’ve been using FragranceX for years, and never had any problems whatsoever. I’m genuinely perplexed by the random negative comments about them.

gamerfan
05 Mar 2011, 11:00 AM
I did a bit of work through that site when I was in Wales. The delivery took FOREVER. When they finally got to me, I was required to pay x£ for duty, or the packages would be sent back to FragranceX! When I paid and opened up the packages, the bottles had been opened! FragranceX claims customs opened the bottles, but I have my doubts.

O_OWHISPER
05 Mar 2011, 11:09 AM
I did a bit of work through that site when I was in Wales. The delivery took FOREVER. When they finally got to me, I was required to pay x£ for duty, or the packages would be sent back to FragranceX! When I paid and opened up the packages, the bottles had been opened! FragranceX claims customs opened the bottles, but I have my doubts.

Read the FragX site [HERE (http://www.fragrancex.com/popups/shipping_info.html)]. The site clearly states,

Please note, you may be subject to import duties and taxes once a shipment reaches your country. We are not responsible and have no control over these fees.

Customs charges are the responsibility of the buyer, unless somehow different arrangements are made mutually in the contract. It can genuinely take a long time for a product to clear customs. Likewise, it’s not entirely uncommon for customs to open a package to verify the legality of a product being shipped in. It’s a pain in the posterior, but it’s necessary to prevent smuggling, which is kinda big part of customs’ job.

It looks like you just misunderstood the ins and outs of importing even small goods. Customs can be a royal pain in any country, but they do have a job to do.

Folks, in general, let’s concentrate on keeping this civil. No need to just completely trash FragranceX here. If you’ve had grievances with the site, by all means, tell us, but try to keep a civil tone.

Kittenn00b
05 Mar 2011, 11:16 AM
Sounds like a lot of passion on either end. Luckily, it seems, I’m in the States, so a lot of the issues won’t be an issue. I have a very good relationship with both my credit card company and with the local post office. I think I’ll be alright giving at least a go at a sample order. Thanks for the intell!

forgotten_4580
05 Mar 2011, 11:18 AM
Never had issue one with FragranceX. Been a really great experience each and every order.

Sham
15 Jun 2011, 09:44 AM
Hi, am from Malaysia.

Ordered 3 items from fragranceX on 6 june 11, received on 15 june 11 - so far no problem. This is my first timer.. next day after my first purchase, i purchased again for other different 3 items, so far haven't received yet, will tell you as soon it's delivered. hope for the best.

actually am a bit skeptical about the authencity, but being such shopaholics i would rather try first and will compare it with the original perfume over the counter.

update: 16/6/11 - received my items already!! so glad!!! so far fragranceX do deliver their promise. hopefully in future their service still the same. love it.

bubblesandscents
27 Jul 2012, 10:32 AM
I have been dealing with them for over 4 years and sell on a pretty picky auction site...not a problem.
as they are human they have made the rare mistake...but always make it right promptly. They are really good in my opinion.