Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last>Last>

Hybrid View

Dropshipland.com Reviews - Is Dropshipland a Scam Dropshipper??

Has anyone tried Dropshipland.com? I have read lots of reviews from sellers who tried them but made no sales. I am trying out dropshipping and thought it might be an easy, safe route to take, but I am very skeptical, especially because they do not show prices. Also I read they are not a true dropshipper, please explain.

Stay away from Dropshipland.com, it is NOT a dropshipper! You'll probably think "What?!?" but yes, it is not a dropshipper (read on to discover why it's a scam). First of all it's just a site that links you to a couple of dropshippers that can be used for free. That's not all, it charges to use free dropshippers AND it marks-up their prices! and charges you over the odds for a very bad looking website. You won't make any sales because the prices are too high and the websites use very outdated version of the software. See also: Dropshipping Reviews - Which UK Dropship Sites Are Fake.

Once paid you will find out that you have to pay a lot more than they first claim. For example, once you pay £79.95 you then have to pay £19.99+VAT monthly for minimum 12 months, and if you decide to cancel before that time you will have to pay £29.95+VAT cancellation + you will lose your initial £79.95 payment. This means that in total you will pay £403.80! to have something that you can get for free...

The dropshippers they use can be used for free at the following links:
    - The Toy Sack (free)
    - Arb Wholesale (free)
    - BM Dropship (free)
    - Ink Warehouse (free)
    - Taylor's Football Souvenirs (free if you contact them with a good business plan)

Also beware that dropshipland makes a lot of false claims (eg mega discounts, thousands of products in stock), however they don't stock any products, they are just an intermediary working to get sign up money. Also the owner has been under investigation by trading standards, the police and the ASA for misleading advertising practices ... and has shifted the business to the USA. If anything goes wrong with a sale, you are stuffed and you can be criminally prosecuted for the consequences of any damage caused to a consumer by any of their products, because they are the intermediary and are based in the US.

These are the false promises they make:

Promise: Avoid this competitor or this list because they are scam.
    Reality: Dropshipland doesn't want you to go direct to the real sources.

Promise: You only have to pay a one-time fee.
    Reality: That is false, because as soon as you have parted from the so called "one-time" fee there are other hidden costs, including having to pay Dropshipland recurring hosting fees and other hidden fees which quickly hike up your losses. You are then required to pay for the website and are offered "free" software that ends up costing you even more money.

Promise: Dropshipland will have your site up and running in half an hour.
    Reality: Sites are very out of date off-the-shelf and open source / free, they remain full of errors, they don't render across browsers, and the appearance is far from usable. This leads in most cases to no sales and your money in their pocket. In any case you'll make a loss, guaranteed.

Promise: Choose from thousands of items
    Reality: Dropshipland is not a dropshipper, it is just a marketing ploy. Since it is not a dropshipper, it does not stock any products. This leads to continuous errors in their feed, stock levels and prices quoted incorrectly, leading to negative feedback, losses from refunds, returned merchandise, items lost in the post and so forth. Many items have never been available or were discontinued years ago by the actual dropshipper, even though the items are displayed in the catalogue.

You should never deal with a fake dropshipper, they will literally make your life hell.

NOTE: dropshipland is the same scam as ukdropshipgroup.com and dpbuk.co.uk, search online and you will come across numerous reports explaining how the scam is operated. ... Does it feel like a land of no return yet? Wait to read the rest.

There are a myriad of online reports explaining what they are up to, if you manage to get past their fake blogs. Google is filled with reviews from people who have used dropshipland and were scammed thinking they were getting something completely different, or were asked to pay extra fees, or simply did not sell a thing because of expensive or out of stock products. I better stop here before I lose my manners, however there is lots of additional info at the following links:

- Dropshipping Reviews - which UK dropshippers you should avoid - Page 1 - Dropship Forum - Dropshippers Reviews
    - How NOT to Post Testimonials: DVDDropShip Example
    - DPBUK.co.uk review - anyone tried dpbuk? Is it a scam?

That is surprising, I read some reviews about dropshipland on a forum praising them.

Dropshipland owns its own forum, blog and review sites. They use fake user accounts to post on their own forum, to trick people into thinking they have customers. That's probably why you were unfortunate to come across their fake reviews. Their sites are filled with fake positive reviews that have been altered or placed there by the owner of dropshipland himself; negative comments are modified into positives or removed to disguise the scam. If someone posts anything negative about the site, Dropshipland is quick to accuse the poster of trying to post fake information about the company, when in reality their focus is on exploiting new sellers insecurities to get their money. Many find this out only too late, after they've been scammed.

Yes I had that impression. I will stay away from dropshipland. Do you know of any other dropshipping websites I should stay away from?

A lot of dropshipping websites are like Dropshipland.com, only looking to scam people. I know for certain that Dropshipland has set up similar sites with different names all trying to sell the exact same service: dpbuk.co.uk, ukdropshipgroup.com, dropshipland.com and dvddropship.com. They all claim to be different but in real fact all do the same thing as Dropshipland.com, and they all sell exactly the same overpriced products, they are just disguised using different names.

You can find information on where to obtain details of genuine dropshippers at Dropshipping Lists - A Review of the Best Dropship Sources - Dropship Forum - Dropshippers Reviews

With any dropshipping website, you need to do a lot of research. These sites can easily take your money if they are not legitimate. For example, Dropshipland.com does not issue a refund even if you are less than satisfied with what they provide.

When I started I bought their pre built site and regretted it the same day. The templates are awful and to have a decent 1 installed would cost much more than going it alone. There are no add-ons and free options like zencart are miles better.

Since then I am using zencart and a low cost but reliable hoster. 2 years down the road I am getting better and better and the site is completely in my hands to do as I please. So for me I will never use a similar scam again.

good luck

Why do you think dropshipland has had to duplicate its scam website on dvddropship and dpbuk? They had saturated the number of fools that was falling for their scam, so they thought what the heck let's scam some more.

Not even a dropshipper, biggest dropshipping con around.

The simple thing you just don’t understand is that, because they are so easy to find, they are crap. When too many people know about something, the profit becomes nil.

If you then add that:

1. they are overpriced,
    2. they own fake forums and blogs and
    3. they hide in their terms that they charge additional hosting fees

it is obvious to anybody who has just a little bit of intelligence that they are just a scam. Only the stupid fall for it, and remain stupid in their limbo. Oh and they are not a dropshipper, how thick can you get...

Items don't sell and most are never in stock. Of the few sales I made I had to refund almost all of them. When the item was in stock, the price was always wrong even by a few pennies. Margins are below 10% which doesn’t even cover ebay fees, let alone paypal fees, and therefore no profit but a loss. A total scam.