I am a Reseller

Are you a reseller looking for dropshippers? Do you need a review on a specific dropshipper? Do you want to learn how to use dropshipping successfully? Register today to find dropship products, dropshipping companies and dropshippers reviews free.

I am a Dropshipper

Are you a dropship supplier looking for resellers to market your products? Do you need to recruit experienced retailers to market your dropshipped products? Do you want to promote your dropship business free of charge? Register today to find and interact with dropshippees free.

Reply to Thread

Selftrading.co.uk company review - Is SELF TRADING LIMITED a scam or legit?

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and have been browsing the web for dropshipping opportunities. Has anyone heard about Selftrading.co.uk, if so are they genuine and reputable? Apparently, the offer resellers a dropshipping business.

Super Moderator
    Hi Cocoeri,

Welcome you to Dropship Forum

There are quite a few negative customer reviews online about this company, all related to bad customer service, high prices and poor quality products. Some of the reports highlight issues with low quality goods and products unfit for sale. However please note we have not used this drop shipper ourselves.

Also Selftrading asks to subscribe and pay a monthly fee before you are able to see their stock and prices. We do not recommend signing up to any drop shipper that demands a fee upfront to make use of their services. You should try to gain a drop shipper's interest on merit, and by demonstrating business acumen. Virtually ALL drop shippers who ask for an upfront fee reinvest that fee into search engine marketing, to fool even more start ups. Remember that any drop shipper that can be found easily online should almost always be avoided, because it's either overused, a middleman, or worse a scam. A small sub £10 may be justified to prevent consumers buying from the drop shipper, but anything above that amount is a ploy.

The conclusion from our investigation is that Selftrading.co.uk is an intermediary who will lock you to either noncompetitive prices or faulty products which you may struggle to resell without repair. The risk is that you will find yourself paying subscription fees without making a profit, or worse lose out from returns under the Distance Selling Regulations.

Below are Selftrading's contact details:

SELF TRADING LIMITED
    2 MOUNTVIEW COURT
    310 FRIERN BARNET LANE
    WHETSTONE
    LONDON
    N20 0YZ
    Company No. 04343360

If you want to find verified trade suppliers and drop shippers from the UK and the rest of the EU, we recommend using the two largest UK online trade directories of verified drop shippers eSources and Wholesale Deals. These directories list thousands of verified wholesalers, distributors, manufacturers and drop shippers.

Hope this helps

Thank you very much. Your reply to my question has really really helped. When I called yesterday I was informed that they are no more taking on registration for new resellers this year but first week in January 2012 so I will no longer bother registrating with Selftrading.

Once again thank you!